Join Our Growing Operations Team
Founder Collective is a seed stage venture capital firm located in Cambridge, MA and San Francisco, CA. We invest in startups at the earliest stages and if you’ve ever read BuzzFeed or called an Uber, you’re familiar with some of the companies we’ve funded.
This job is an amazing opportunity to get a solid education in the business world. There aren’t many “typical days.” In nutshell you’ll be the first impression of our Boston office to entrepreneurs that will build the next great startups; you’ll be scheduling meetings, booking travel, but also planning events and parties. You’ll be helping to administratively support the investment team and manage the office while also assisting with firm-wide operations. You’ll learn a ton and get experiences that would be hard to find elsewhere. You’ll be able to apply your skills in an endless number of ways.
If that’s you, reach out to us at: email@example.com
The Ops Assistant role is centered around making sure the office is well-run, fun and lively. We’re a small team but the role helps support the logistics and operations of a fund with a portfolio of over 200 companies. Operations is the glue of the office, helping to anticipate and solve problems. The role will have exposure to a broad range of functions and the opportunity to build deep experience in interesting areas. This will be a three-pronged role, entailing the following duties:
- Welcome guests (often entrepreneurs) to the office, answer the phones
- Manage inventories of all general office supplies and coordinate with service providers
- Generalized office organization and maintenance
- Track monthly expense reports, manage vendors, and arrange travel
- Provide project support to the investment and finance teams
- Assist in maintaining our CRM System including tracking prospective investments, portfolio companies, contacts, etc.
- Organize special events
- Primarily supporting one General Partner in the Boston office with scheduling, travel, correspondence and ad hoc project assistance,
- Providing support to the rest of the investment team on an as-needed basis
Of course, most of all, the role is to be ready for the unexpected and to pitch in wherever and whenever help is needed
The candidate should have a positive outlook and be ready for whatever challenge comes your way. Previous experience as an assistant in a fast paced environment such as a startup would provide an ideal background to get up to speed quickly in this position. We’re looking for someone eager and passionate who wants to broaden their exposure to business.
We’re looking for a fast-learner who is entrepreneurial and energetic. The candidate will need to be flexible (possibly required to work outside of normal office hours to meet the requirements of the role), positive, professional, trustworthy and have the ability to communicate at all levels with minimal supervision.
In return, the candidate will have exposure to many aspects of Founder Collective, its portfolio founders and will be mentored by experienced entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1–5yrs as an Executive Assistant or assistant/operations role in a startup environment or hospitality/customer facing role
- Proficiency with Gmail & Google Suite, Excel, & Microsoft Word are required
- Basic understanding of relationship management, and social media
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience planning events is a plus
About Founder Collective
We are based in Cambridge and San Francisco. FC is among the most active seed funds in the country and we have approximately $200M under management and invested in over 250 portfolio companies. We have invested in transformative startups from Uber to Buzzfeed, HotelTonight to Periscope, Cruise to TradeDesk, and many, many other fantastic companies.
Our mission is to be the most aligned fund for founders at the seed stage. We believe in “efficient entrepreneurship ” — a set of core beliefs around how we run the fund, and how we help founders scale great business while preserving their ownership and optionality. We are “empathetic believers” because we recognize that not all companies succeed, but what founders need are high-conviction, like-minded investors who stick by them through thick and thin.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Required education: Bachelor’s